Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 9, 2013

Dear Tatum,

As I drive through Grandma’s neighborhood and wave at the neighbors, it has occurred to me that if I stay around long enough I could probably find myself a nice, older gentleman who’d be happy to have me. I was telling Slip about this at lunch today(Korean food--delicious seafood pancake)and we laughed.  Then I met Colin, a kindly British man who let me go before him in the line at Walgreen’s. If that isn’t true love, I don’t know what is. He approached me back in the band-aid section and asked me if I was German. He said I looked European the way I was dressed. I said, no, I’m just fashionable. This started a brief conversation about why I am in Woodburn, which hopefully explained why my cart was filled with adult diapers and disposable bed pads. He’s in Woodburn because that’s where he lives. We said our goodbyes then met again at the cash register where he demonstrated his manners and continued to be subtly complimentary. He was nice but we didn't make plans, so I guess I missed my chance. It's okay; I don't think you'd like living in Woodburn anyway.

Love,

Gin

P.S. This is the popcorn shirt at Walgreen's. One size fits all. Two for $10.