Sunday, July 28, 2013

Three Small Things

Dear Tatum,

1. After Grandma and I got home from our visit with Dr. Zawada last week, my step-dad sent me a text with a picture of my mother's grave that had just been put in place. It was a little overwhelming to receive this on the same day of Grandma's diagnosis. 


2. My mom was considering traveling from North Dakota to go to her 20th high school reunion next weekend in Vernonia. It's the same weekend as the Jamboree I was hoping to take Grandma to. I loved the Jamboree as a kid--especially the swings that went in a circle. I may stop by to say hello to these strangers she went to high school with. I may not. I may. I'm not sure what the purpose would be.

3. When dad came down for the first time after hearing Grandma's diagnosis, he walked into the house and asked her, "How are you?" Grandma said, "Okay." Dad sat down and turned on the TV. You know how some people think I'm emotionally disengaged? I offer Exhibit A. 

That's all for now.

Love, 

Gin

No comments:

Post a Comment